Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 4-Coloring Adventure with a 4 year old

After about two months of play practice everyday after school, today was the first day I was able to pick up little man and just come straight home. Neither one of us were for sure what to do with our extra time, but it was easily filled with some of his toys. We started off the afternoon by coloring. I will send a prize over to the first person who responds with the correct answer to the following question: Based on the picture below what is Brock's favorite color? 

Tough question I know. As I was saying, we spent about an hour just coloring. I forgot how relaxing coloring is until today. Brock and I just talked about all the different types of Avengers, what he did today at Miss Heather's, and I had to keep closing my eyes so that he could show me my surprise (which was just another one of his beautiful coloring pages). Before I knew it, we had spent an hour just coloring. It was then that I realized I had a lot of "surprises" from him. 

Yep, I was able color one Hulk page to his 500 pages. Now, give me a little credit here, as I had three colors in my picture to his one. Towards the end, he did start to adventure with more than just one color. 

What did I learn about coloring with a 4 year old? 
  • Staying inside the lines is ONLY optional, but not a requirement
  • Pick your favorite color and just do work
  • Sharing and asking a nicely to use that "favorite" color is a MUST!
  • Spending time with my little man is priceless! 
When you feel like everything is just overwhelming, I suggest get a $1 coloring book and some markers. Spend a couple of minutes just being a 4 year old! 

1 comment:

  1. His favorite color is blue. I really like that you said what you learned

    ReplyDelete