Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 21-Me + Kleenex = BFF

I absolutely love this time of year when the weather is starting to change. I love the changing from winter to spring and summer to fall. The temperatures are just PERFECT! Not too hot and not too cold! JUST PERFECT! 


With the changing of the seasons comes my close relationship with a good friend known as Kleenex. We tend to get very close at the beginning of spring and fall each year. As the years go on, our relationship tends to grow deeper. 

See as a little kid I always heard my mother complain about this thing called ALLERGIES! This wasn't something that I really had any problems with until a few years ago. Now every year during this time it ALWAYS starts off the same. I will have a couple of days where I am sneezing. Each day it progresses into a few more sneezes that are more frequent. Then at night time, on about day 2 or 3, the congestion in one nostril begins to creep in. I can still sleep with it, but I notice that it is slowly taking over. By the 3rd or 4th day I wake up in the morning feeling like I have a huge semi-truck seating on my nose and I am constantly crying because my eyes are watery. By the end of that day my body is achy all over, and my nose looks like Rudolph because I have been reunited with my BFF, Kleenex. 


Each time this lovely season approaches I learn something new to help me for the next time we are reunited. Here are a few of those things below:
  1. Kleenex with lotion really is a life saver!
  2. NEVER EVER use a paper towel or napkin because your Rudolph nose will be glowing a mile away. 
  3. Vicks on the bottom of your feet with socks is AMAZING if you want to sleep at all. 
  4. Drink a lot of water! 
  5. Lastly, don't make fun of your parents if they complain about this, because YOUR DAY IS COMING!!! 
    1. Trust me! I am learning that the hard way!
I am willing to suffer with this for a week or so if that means that winter is finally over! Hopefully you can as well! Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment