Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 23-I LOVE MY DVR!

Today is one of those days that I have spent a lot of time watching TV. We are not a family that watches a lot of TV, but we record a lot of shows. I can't remember the last time I watched a show on TV when it was actually on. Whenever we are on breaks that is usually when we catch up on what is recorded on our DVR. As of today we have about 99 different things on our DVR. Now before you start judging me, about 5 of those are State Championship football, 4 are the NCAA Wrestling Tournament, and 25 of them are Brock's "Rescue Bots" and "Super Hero Squad." This break was different because we were so busy. With today being our last day of break, it was a perfect day to catch up on some of the shows I am behind on. One of my favorite shows is "The Voice!" I am completely in love with this show! I love how they can't see them when they audition. I love the battle rounds. I love how they can steal people if their coach doesn't pick them. I just love this show. With that said I am about three weeks behind. So Brock and I played different board games and watched a few episodes. PERFECT NIGHT! 


I started thinking about what life was like before the DVR. Obviously, I wasn't able to watch shows at a later time. That would mean that I would have to put different things on hold just so I could watch my show. I also remember that I wasn't too upset if I missed a show because I knew that it would be on DVD in a few months. Life just went on because we could find a way to watch it at a later time. That also got me to thinking about Facebook and how we use it to communicate with others. 


I am not a crazy fan of Facebook, but it is an easy way to communicate with our family all over the world. Before Facebook we would only be able to communicate with our family through the phone calls, letters, or e-mail.  Now, I can just log into my account and chat with my family in England. To me that is amazing! Still makes me think about how families stayed in touch without being able to communicate everyday. Even though that seems impossible to our generation, it worked before. Technology has changed since I was a kid. I can only imagine what things will be like when Brock is my age.  

I know that I am so thankful for the DVR because without it I would be missing a lot of quality time with my family. It is just amazing to watch TV when I have the time, and of course skip the commercials. :) 

What is something that you are thankful was invented and why? I would love for you to share them with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment