Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 25-Man Down

Tonight Brock had his first soccer game! I have been SUPER excited for this day to come. Once I found out his team colors I ordered shoes, a shirt that says "Soccer Mom," and purchased some bling jewelry. This morning when Brock woke up I kept asking him if he was excited for his game. I am pretty sure I was more excited about his game then he was. 


I pick him up from Miss Heather's and we head home to chill before the BIG game! I should have known how the night was going to go when at 5:00 my stomach started hurting out of nowhere. I am talking about makes you hunch over like an old lady (Don't want to hear it Mr. Gammon) hurting. Mr. Hulstine pulls into the driveway just in time because I can barely move I am in so much pain. He gets Brock's all dressed and we head to King Jack Park. The whole way there I am praying that this stomach pain goes away, or if I am getting something to please hold off until after 6:30 (when the game ends). We get to the field and Brock gets his jersey! The moment is like official now that he has a jersey, right?!


It is freezing outside, my stomach hurts like something awful, and it is freezing outside. Now, it is time to play some soccer. Mr. Hulstine has the video camera ready to go and the game begins. Things are going great. Brock is acting like a robot out there, chasing the soccer ball, smiling and having a great time. He kicks the ball down the field to almost score a goal. Things are just fabulous! Then, he is in the middle of a cluster of children, and next thing I know he is walking towards me, arms reaching for me, crying his eyes out! I am at a loss of words because I have no clue what just happened. He gets to me and I notice this TINY cut on his lip. Mr. Hulstine and I are trying to tell him it was just an accident and get back out there and play. While we are telling him this I start to notice that his lip is getting bigger by the second. Trying to tell him again everything is great and to get back out there and play with his friends. All of a sudden, my child who was loving life out there doesn't want to go back out. We are walking around with him, and then I finally just put him back on the field and told him to hold his coaches hand. My goodness he is accident prone like his Daddy. We haven't made it through the first game without an injury and he wants to quit! YOU CAN'T QUIT SON! MOMMA HAD A SHIRT MADE! That is what I am thinking. We make it through the game and shake the other players hands. He is back in my arms and ready to go home! This did not turn out at all like I expected! When we got home we watched the video of his game. All I can say is this is going to be an interesting season. 

Here are a few observations that I made while watching my son's first soccer game:
  1. 4 and 5 year old soccer only has 3 players out there at a time.
  2. The soccer coaches get just as much of a workout, if not more, then the kids do playing. 
  3. Kicking the soccer ball in ANY direction is always a plus.
  4. This soccer season should be referred to as Magnet Ball! 
  5. My stomach stopped hurting because I was too busy jumping up and down.
  6. My poor son is going to be embarrassed by his mother at any sporting event because he will hear me a mile away.
  7. Chocolate ice cream is his motivation to try again!

Just remember Brock Robert that I love you and I am your #1 fan! Even if I embarrass you with my jumping up and down and screaming! Look at from the bright side, you will ALWAYS known where I am seating! GO GREEN TEAM!



1 comment:

  1. this one was funny cause im pretty sure chocolate ice cream would motavate anyone

    ReplyDelete