Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Day 26: Listening

I don't know about you but sometimes I forget to just take the time to listen. It doesn't matter what it is, sometimes in life it is just good to stop and listen. I realized that today when I went into our family room to look for a book. I went in there and all of sudden I could hear the rain pouring outside. It took me a minute to realize what I was hearing, but once I did I just stopped what I was doing to embrace the noise coming from outside. 


I was reminded about how beautiful and peaceful the sound of rain falling can be. This is when I started reflecting on if I stop and listen to the noises around me everyday. Life is crazy with sounds. Starting from the alarm going off, to text messages, bells to dismiss to the next class, people talking, teachers lecturing, lunch being made, cars driving down the road,etc. There is always some sound. 


We find it hard to seat still if there is no noise at all. Usually during those moments someone starts laughing because it sounds so weird when it is so quiet. Although, those sounds can be annoying, like the alarm in the morning, they are important to our everyday life. Some may be annoying while others can be beautiful. It is important to listen to those sounds no matter. But I want to ask you, do you REALLY listen to those sounds? When I finally stopped to listen to the rain I realized it was telling me something. It was telling me to slow down and start listening to the sounds around me. No matter what it is important to just stop and listen! There is always a time and a place to talk, but it doesn't have to be all the time. I am setting a goal for myself to stop and listen more closely each day to the noises around me. You never know they may be telling you something to help improve yourself.


1 comment:

  1. I like it because, some people need to listen.

    ReplyDelete