Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 10-Officially A Soccer Mom

Tonight Brock had his first soccer practice! We have been looking forward to this day for the last month or so. Mr. Hulstine and I decided at the beginning of the year that we would sign Brock up for spring soccer because he would be old enough. Even though Mr. Hulstine is a football coach, he is all for Brock being involved in something. So we found out when registration was going to be and marked our calendars. Brock's birthday was just last month and all of our family knew he was going to be playing soccer. So for his birthday he got everything he may need to play. He got a soccer bag with his name on it, shin guards, soccer cleats (I think that is what you call them), a soccer ball, and a goal. Since his birthday, whenever it has been nice outside, we have been playing soccer. Tonight, however, was the real deal! HIS FIRST PRACTICE! 



I am not going to lie but it has been kind of hard for me all day to think that my baby is getting ready to have his first real practice at a sport. It seems like yesterday we were talking about how one day he would be playing sports, and now it was here. Not really for sure what to expect, we got him all ready and drive to King Jack Park. We got there, gave him his soccer ball and off he goes to listen to his coaches and begin practice.  I am "THAT" mom who had my phone out taking pictures and video of all of this. :)


It is just another first for all of us. Not only was this his first, but it was my first watching my child out there. I then started thinking that we never really stop having firsts as we get older. Here I am almost 30 years old (I know Mr. Gammon would call me an Old Lady) and tonight was a first for me. Tonight I was more than a mom, wife, JH Librarian, chef, housekeeper, etc. Tonight I received an additional title of a "Soccer Mom!" No matter how old you get, you are always going to have firsts. It could be the first time you won a reading award in your class, be a spelling bee contestant, receive a Cardinal Compliment, first time making an A on your Science test, etc. Take those firsts and embrace them! You can always learn from those things! The one thing I learned tonight is that I love all my titles, and that Brock's team color is kelly green. Looks like I am on the look out for anything that is kelly green and blingy! I am not a Green Bay Packers fan so I am lacking the green bling! 


My challenge for you is to think about any firsts you may have this week, even the tiniest of thing. What was it and what did you learn from it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment