Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 22-Surprise Party

Tonight my husband throw me the best surprise birthday party EVER! This upcoming Wednesday I will be turning the BIG 3-0! 


Mr. Hulstine has been asking me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I kept telling him that I didn't really want to do anything. I know for some of you that may seem crazy. He asked if I wanted to have a party, go out to dinner, anything, and I just kept telling him that I was fine doing nothing. It isn't like I am dreading turning 30, it is just that life is really busy and I am ok with just doing nothing. Well that wasn't how he was going to have it. 


He planned for his mom and stepdad to come down from Kansas City to help get this worked out. His mom decided that she wanted to go to Rogers, AR to spend the day shopping. Little did I know that she was just trying to get me out of the house so they could work. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE a little retail therapy. :) We start to head back home after a long day of shopping, and the boys are calling us to figure out what we were going to do for dinner.  As we get closer to our house I noticed there are a lot of cars on our street! That is when I started to recognize some of the cars. As I got out of the car I was greeted by the fabulous Mr. Hulstine. We walk inside to a house full of our family and friends! It was a HUGE surprise!!! My heart was very full tonight to be surrounded by so many people. Although I have reached a time in my life where I don't need a HUGE party to celebrate, it is nice to know that people want to celebrate new journeys with you. Turning the BIG 30 is just a new chapter in my journey. I am glad I am surrounded by so many amazing people to experience this new adventure! I feel like I am now a big kid! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment